Dave Foord, founder and CIO of Foord Asset Management, was my special guest on the Investment Community podcast. You can listen to the first of two episodes of the conversation with Dave here.
In this episode Dave tells:
- How the highlight of his career is to have survived in the industry for 40+ years
- How it felt to be seen as an idiot for not loading up on tech stocks on the DotCom Bubble
- How he still tap-dances to work every day.
We also discussed:
- How the decision to turn down money had the effect of turning the gatekeepers against him
- How most people are not good investors because they don’t properly understand probability and time
- How investment people are prima donnas, and too many of them together is a recipe for chaos.